Eating, Feeling, Living, Working

Recently (May 2015)

May 7, 2015

greenjuice

going nowhere! for the first time in 3 months, i am home bound and a-ok with that. no air travel for me until june, though we plan on camping some this month.

rolling with what feels like upheaval at work, but eh, whatcha gonna do about it?

appreciating that we like our jobs and have enough money to do the things we want.

watching hockey, hockey and more hockey (it’s seriously cutting into my reading time). also game of thrones and valley uprising, a documentary about rock climbing in yosemite. so good.

reading the alchemist in less than a day. haven’t been able to read anything post-Italy. think I’m back in the swing now.

remembering that it’s all relative.

introducing Carter to a few dogs in the neighborhood and (fingers crossed) a new pet-sitter.

thinking of my lack of any type of 5 yr plan, and if that’s actually a problem.

adjusting my exercise to whatever i can seem to do between busy work hours, busy weekends and how my health actually is on any given day.

celebrating H’s birthday!

loving may gray.

drinking spinach / chocolate almond milk / banana smoothies (h/t my sister) and decaf coffee without sugar.

dreaming of starting a podcast.

wearing tiny feather earrings in the 2nd holes in my ears.

missing my therapist (she’s is on vacation).

listening to dave matthews band (it’s been years). also, rebel creative and unmistakable creative podcasts.

planning the next year of work events (we’re a june fiscal year start) and more fun travel for june & july.

finishing a series post about my miscarriage.

embracing the fact that i may never finish that series, or want to share it publicly. and also that it’s probably needed. write the story you want to read.

sending good vibes to everyone. it’s been a frantic/heavy 2 weeks and Mercury isn’t even retrograde yet.

learning to eat better, eat less. and that my diet matters so much more than exercise right now.

feeling so awesome that Jill shared a handful of my posts in her something good write up this week. i’m #40 in a no-particular-order list. also, read Jill’s blog. you can thank me later.

obsessed with chocolate cherry energy balls and angel tarot cards. oh, and getting back to the rock climbing gym. it’s been too long.

*see more recently posts here

• Reply Lindsey May 7, 2015 at 11:19 am

Love this. I don’t think the lack of a 5 year plan is a problem at all. Chocolate cherry balls sound amaze. I love Jill’s SOMETHING GOOD posts. And I am so sorry to hear about your miscarriage. x oxx

• Reply jtao21 May 7, 2015 at 1:37 pm

Thank you and highly recommend Jill’s blog AND the energy balls 🙂

• Reply Renee May 8, 2015 at 8:58 pm

I love the “current snapshot from your life” type posts! I think my next one will be similar. 🙂

How did you like The Alchemist? It’s on my list after I finish the three books I’ve borrowed from the library on my Kindle.

The idea of a five-year plan is terrifying to me, though sometimes I feel like the odd one out (especially as a woman) with absolutely no life plan of any sort, but instead a vague idea of how I want to spend my years and with whom, doing what, not even so much the “how” because I haven’t worked that out quiet yet. Ha. We don’t even have “future” discussions in our relationship, though we both agree we intend to stick around for a very long time, and whatever the future holds will reveal itself in time. Or something.

And those chocolate cherry energy balls look incredible! Actually, the whole cookbook looks pretty grand – funny thing, a friend had it on her wedding registry so I picked it up for her and she keeps recommending recipes from it, but I haven’t picked up a copy myself yet. Must do that.

xo

• Reply Renee May 8, 2015 at 9:00 pm

Because I had to fix my typo…”quiet” = “quite.” Argh. 😛

• Reply jtao21 May 10, 2015 at 8:28 pm

The Alchemist was a good read – took me a day, and was enjoyable. Wasn’t life changing the way I’ve heard it is for others, but I think b/c I already read things like that all of the time haha. I love that you have a sense of how you want to spend your years, with whom and what you’ll do – and I think that’s all we can “plan” anyways. Plus, that’s what our years are made up of, no? The doing and the people… not the accomplishments so much. Or, I guess, the accomplishments come from the daily people and doing anyways. So, there ya go! And yes to everything on Oh She Glows!

• Reply Life: A Snapshot (May 2015) | Songbird in the City May 8, 2015 at 11:00 pm

[…] to Justine (find her here), a friend and fellow blogger from whom I got the idea for this post showing a little snapshot […]

• Reply 5 on Friday – Allowing Myself May 15, 2015 at 5:04 am

[…] Remember how I mentioned my concern about a lack of a 5 year plan? Well the Universe conspired to give me some new thoughts on that this week. (Obvi saving extensive […]