Living

February Is The New January

February 2, 2015

Coming back, slowly.

When I powered-down for the holidays, I didn’t plan on it being for the entire month of January, but here we are, February 2nd. A whole month of 2015 gone, and almost 8 weeks since my last post.

A lot happened in that time, of course. We had quite the holiday season, the crazy huge annual work event passed (to great success), there’s dreams and schemes jotted down in my notebook, and there is a new incarnation of this site coming to soon.

2014 ended on a low, low note. I didn’t have any energy to make my bed, let alone make 2015 THE BEST YEAR YET as our culture encourages each January 1st (crazy to me, as it’s the dead of winter for most of the country).

The energy I did muster went straight into the 4 days of non-stop work for events, and now that I finally find myself with a clearer calendar (and head), a month has gone by.

Otherwise, I’m hibernating, holding space for myself, taking it slow, slow, slow. I’m reading books, exercising, eating salads again for the first time in months, and making the random friendship bracelet (as seen above).

February is my birthday month, and right now the sun is moving through Aquarius. As far as my astrological new year goes, that’s still a few weeks away, when the sun enters Pisces. So, I am still lying low.

It’s not an issue for me that I plan for 2015 in month #2, or finish up my Unravelling packet this week. Flow taught me that things take time, energy comes and goes, and it really is like catching a wave – paddling out over breakers, wading/waiting, paddling furiously, the water lifting you up, riding the energy, and coming back down for the next set.

I’m thinking of it like February is my new January. Thanks for sticking around.

• Reply JoAnna February 2, 2015 at 12:07 pm

You are rocking at life. Your self awareness is admirable. Years and dates were invented by man, we don’t need to focus on them. Setting your life at your own pace and paying attention to what your body and soul needs is a far better place to focus your energy. Take your time. Love you.
    Squig

• Reply justine February 2, 2015 at 8:28 pm

wow – thanks Sq – so true. xo

• Reply sensitivesteve February 2, 2015 at 12:53 pm

“working on ourselves is a lot like cultivating a garden.” (lois wilson). sounds like you’re in touch with what needs to be flowered and what needs to be weeded. nice.

• Reply justine February 2, 2015 at 8:29 pm

and this will be going into my post tomorrow 😉

• Reply Wandering Through the Garden | Allowing Myself February 3, 2015 at 4:32 am

[…] friend Steve shared the quote above on yesterday’s post where I spoke about my slow entry into this new year. The garden reference supports what I’m feeling – that the past 2 […]

• Reply Renee Winter February 9, 2015 at 10:17 am

This parallels exactly where I am in life right now! I am hibernating, exercising, eating healthier than I did the entirety of last year, and reading books in my spare time. I still haven’t really made a “plan” things I want to accomplish or focus on this year, but…I looked at myself in the mirror this morning and my skin is glowing from my daily lemon water, my body is strong from my new daily yoga practice, and I’m getting much more restful sleep reading before bed rather than being on the computer all the time. I’ve already begun to transform myself without really realizing.

…and I still haven’t chosen my word yet. No rush. 🙂

Glad you’re back to blogging. When is your birthday?

• Reply justine February 10, 2015 at 8:06 pm

Ah, awesome! So glad to hear I’m not the only one. Also, awesome about all of those daily habits adding up to a glowing (your word for the year?? haha) you. Bday is 2/21 <3

• Reply Piqued – Allowing Myself January 30, 2016 at 12:02 pm

[…] joke that February is the new January, but each year this feels truer. While the holiday travels home were a relief, I really can’t […]