– Some of her favorite snacks are pretzels, pistachios or a peanut-butter sandwich, all with a tall glass of milk. Also, she loves tomatoes. As I’ve aged, I’ve inherited all of these cravings except for the pistachios. Extra fun fact, I’m pretty sure she made it to 48 years old before she ate a purple grape. London broil + noodles + asparagus is my favorite dinner she cooks.
– By the time she was my age, she had 3 kids under the age of 6, owned two houses, managed my dad’s practice and been married almost 10 years. I’m not sure how she did it all. And still does.
– Because of her short hair cut, which she hasn’t grown out in my entire life, sometimes people mistake her for Jamie Lee Curtis. My dad likes to say “It’s Jamie LEE!” when we’re out in LA just to confuse the tourists.
– Her father played guitar in country bands and sang. She also played some and sang. I don’t think I’ve ever heard her sing.
– It’s been 2 years since our last fight (hopefully the last one of our lives), and for that, I am forever grateful. (Pssst you can read last year’s Mother’s Day note here. )
Love you, Mom xo