This week was packed and yet, doable. I am so proud of myself for handling all of it so well. So you’ll excuse me a moment if I need to list it all out to reassure myself I am pretty f-ing awesome.
- Felt anxiety but turned to running, podcasts and good internet blogs to buoy myself
- Watched Brene Brown on Oprah (omg!)
- Organized an event for students visiting LA on spring break. Didn’t get home till 11pm.
- Terrible noise from car’s rear driver side. Bring it in.
- End up working from a Starbucks for 5+ hrs. Turns out, the need a part from the dealer and they’ll keep the car over night. Bah.
- Manage to get a ride from a neighbor’s husband. Thank goodness for nice people.
- Ride my bike to the grocery store for food for the next day’s event. My job should reward me for being the most resourceful & committed employee… ever.
- Unload groceries. Walk dog. Shower & change.
- Hitch a ride with my colleague to second event of the week. End up hosting over 150 people (biggest turn out yet for this event). Snag a ride home with an alumna.
- Sleep less than 7 hours and get up to run events 3 & 4 this week. Hitch a ride to work with my sister. Arrive by 8:45am, which is the earliest I think I’ve ever shown up to the office since the start.
- Run event 3 while inhaling tiny croissants, strawberries and orange juice.
- Deal with event 4 and a student with an ego.
- Wait for my ride home. Latest I’ve stayed at the office for no reason.
- Go to Wurskutche with H & my sister. Needed that brat.
- Manage to wake up and run 3m to the car place on Thursday – exercise the dog + car pick up in one. Boo-yah.
- Meet an awesome friend for early lunch. Do more work. Finally get some rest.
And manage all of this with hardly any tears, no major panic issues, and lots of self-love. Constant reassurance that “I got this” and “I’m really not that busy“. Lots of trust in myself and in things working out just the way they should.
And that brings us to today…
Where I walked the dog, Skyped with my mom, did a bunch more work, finally ordered my Project Life photos from Persnickety Prints, and now I’m chilling on the couch with H & Carter Cash. H is just starting his spring break and I’m looking forward to the weekend together.
Hope you are yours are well xo