Tonight we’re eating spaghetti for the second night in a row. Mind you, it’s with homemade sauce, but this may be the first time since I moved out of my parents’ house and certainly since moving in with my fiance. Food, cooking, what I eat, when I eat it – I’ve never had an eating disorder but this is just another way I flex my “perfectionism” in a normal days work.
The past 6 weeks were a chaotic ride. All that Mercury Retrograde and space to recover. It’s only in the last 7 days that all has gone quiet again. With that quietness on the outside comes a rush of thinking on the inside. I tried writing a post a few nights ago, but it just didn’t come. So much in my head, even if my days are empty. In another effort to not let perfection be the enemy of the good, here is a list of what I’ve been turning over:
- Dr. Brene Brown’s videos, blog and book, and subsequently
- DreamLab – my need to devour every morsel of info from Brene Brown (who is creating the course) overode any lack of funds
- Needing a lot of sleep and finding my dream symbolism shouting “Anxiety!”
- Thinking “I have plenty of money” instead of focusing on said lack of funds
- Self-compassion / parenting yourself
- Perfectionism / shame
- Running again – a shift in weather, some major stress and I found myself running 3milers again.
- Wedding planning
- People pleasing
- Shift in employment
- These amazing bloggers for inspiring me My Topography, Susannah Conway, and Jen Lee (thank u)
I’ll bring you more when I’m able.